Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Videos and marketing

Despite appearances I am still around and learning Chinese. I will have more to say soon. Recently I seem to have attracted a few comments that are just thinly disguised adverts for new Chinese webservices. At least Phillip was kind enough to send me an email about his new website.

http://watchtolearnchinese.com/ is a site that identifies and categorizes videos on Youtube that are useful to Chinese learners. The ones I looked at also had short but useful comments on the content. I do use Youtube to find learning material but it was easier to use this site to stumble upon a couple of interesting advanced videos.

Ultimately though I feel that to have real sticking power a site like this will need user comments, tagging and incorporate videos from other sources. Still when someone gives you a little video discovery help for free that can't be a bad thing.

3 comments:

Philipp Lenssen said...

Glad you like it! We'll also consider other sites than YouTube in the future. As long as the streaming works relatively fast...

cheers
Philipp

chinmaionline said...

Come on-line learning Chinese(www.chinmaionline.com), here are a large number of Chinese video, you can go to learn Chinese

jules said...

Hello,

I found your site/blog interesting and would like to buy an ad on your page:
http://friedelcraft.blogspot.com/


The ad would be the following website [www.interpretersunlimited.com].

I don't have very big budget, but I'm sure we could arrange a reasonable price.

If you're interested, please get back to me(jules@bestrank.com).

Thanks!